Tutorial: Baby Girl Nursery DIY First Initial Blocks

I am due to have my third baby girl in 8 short days.  With the holiday season, I was way behind on all of the cute nursery DIY projects that I wanted to do.  Now, though, I am starting to work on them.

I bought the supplies for this one months ago and just finished it up today.  I'm really excited about how it turned out.




First I started out with the following:

-3 wooden photo blocks (my picture only shows 2 though)- each measuring about 3 1/4" square
-Craft Essentials acrylic paint in Grey and Twinkle Pink



I painted one block pink and two blocks gray (two coats on each) and let them dry completely.

Then I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out an "R" in gray vinyl.  You could also use a stencil and paint if you don't have a vinyl cutter or don't want to use it.

I also purchased the following from Michael's Arts & Crafts:

-2 complementary flowers made out of fabric, burlap, and lace- I got mine from Michael's Arts & Crafts.  They were called Ashland Summer Natural Clips.



I stuck the vinyl initial onto the pink block.  Next I broke the clips off of the flowers and hot glued them to the gray squares.


This looks great in the nursery!  It is a really great starting point too- the colors and deceptions can be changed up to go with any nursery theme.




Comments

Popular Posts